FEMTO LASER CATARACT SURGERY is safest technology of bladeless cataract surgery. Till now, femto laser was extensively used in creating the flap for LASIK eye surgery but today it has proven safe & perfect usage in cataract surgery too.
Few years back, cataract surgery was performed manually where some critical steps in the procedure had to be performed with a lot of care as they demanded high precision. Moreover, there were high risks of complications post-surgery. But with the usage of femto laser in cataract surgery, we assure our patients with unparalleled precision and reproducibility in this surgery. In this procedure, the laser energy is applied for a very short while and due to this, there is no production of any heat. An advanced imaging system known as OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) guides the femto laser to accurately measure the size, shape and thickness of cornea as well as cataract while enabling our expert surgeons to perform the surgery without blade and without even entering the eye.
This revolutionary technology has greatly increased the safety, precision and predictability of cataract surgery with minimal discomfort to the patient.
Why opt for Femto Laser Cataract Surgery?
- It is a bladeless surgery that is highly safe and effective.
- It has very low impact on the eye as the whole surgical process is completed within a minute.
- It is a very comfortable and painless procedure where the patient feels at ease.
- High success rate even in complicated cases as high frequency laser pulses are used with precision.
- Very gentle to the corneal tissue and thus no inflammation of the eye occurs.
- Quick results as patient recovers very fast. Vision is gained within hours or even minutes after the surgery.
Conditions treated with Femto Laser Cataract Surgery
Refractive errors of the eye are treated with this surgery, namely: