Tears are not only for revealing pain or happiness; they take care of your eyes too. Yes, if your eyes don’t produce enough tears to lubricate your eyes, that means you are suffering from dry eye. There are several reasons of this problem. It may happen due to any medicinal condition or environmental factors. Today, we will share simple tips to say goodbye to your problems of dry eye.
Symptoms and Causes of Dry Eye
You know already that dry eye is a poor eye condition which happens due to low production of tears to keep your eyes smooth. What are the other symptoms of it? Have a look-
- Itching and painful sensation
- Light sensitivity
- Feeling of something in eyes
- Blurred vision
- Mucus in or around your eyes
- Fatigued eyes
The common causes of dry eye are-
- Medical condition
- Certain medications
- Eye allergies
- Environmental factors
Tips to Avoid Dry Eye
- Avoid Air Movement– Contact with windy condition can make your eyes dry. Try to avoid direct exposure from fans, air conditioners, hair dryers, etc. If you are out on a windy day or riding a bike, wear wraparound sunglasses to keep your eye protected.
- Use Artificial Tears– Lubricating gels and artificial tears are available at market of well-known brands. You can use those to keep your eyes well. These are over-the-counter drugs. But, if you need, you can consult an eye specialist and use a prescribed one.
- Take Enough Rest– This is one of the best ways to solve your problem of dry eye. No matter how much busy you are, you should take 20 seconds gap in between your work and keep your eyes shut. Also, blink your eyes more frequently so that your eyes get back the lost moisture.
- Include Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Your Diet- Having omega-3 fatty acids in your regular diet can ease your eye problems. You can find it naturally in fish, broccoli, flaxseeds, etc. If you need supplements, consult your physician before having any.
- Quit Smoking– Smoking not only hampers your heart’s health, but also disturbs your eyes. Cigarette’s smoke irritates dry eye problem and makes the situation worse. Stop it immediately.
Hopefully, you get enough information about dry eyes and tips on avoiding it. If problem aggravates, you should consult an eye specialist and follow the instructions minutely.