Smoking is essentially alluded to as the essential driver of different coronary sickness and illness. Also, it is in like manner pernicious to the eyes. People don’t generally understand that smoking can provoke to vision incident. Many researches demonstrate smoking forms the peril of different eye issue, in those people who smoke, and also in the people who are a great part of the time introduced to this smoke.
There are five types of Eye Diseases Associated with smoking:
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD): AMD starts to effect on the loss of central vision, that’s why it is very difficult to read fine details and with the passing time the vision is lost significantly. Two sorts of AMD are available, Dry and Wet; where Dry AMD is the most well-known.
In that case, the fatty deposits formed under the light-sensing cells in the back of the eye. In dry AMD vision loss generally gets bad slowly and in the wet AMD, there is some blood leakage in the retina. Wet AMD is rare but also harmful for vision.
Glaucoma: Glaucoma happens when there is a gradual breakdown of the cells that is the cells make up the nerve in our eye, which also gives information to the brain. When the cells die, the vision is also slowly lost.
Cataract: Cataract is actually clouding of eyes and with the floating of time, it also gets older and thicker. This is common to aged people only, like 70-80 years old.
Diabetic Retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy affects the blood vessels of the retina, so it is affects the vision by breaking down or blocking the nerve cells. It also has serious effects on the new blood vessels that grow on the surface of the retina.
Dry eye Syndrome: Dry eye Syndrome that appears from the blood vessels in the eye which are damaged. You can sense irritation in the eyes.
How to prevent Vision Loss:
- Habits depend on how our health will be, so healthy habits keep eyes healthy.
- The risk of eye disease and vision loss can be controlled if maintained the following –
- Research has found that quitting smoking improves the chances of eye disease, so at first leave smoking.
- Controlling blood pressure & cholesterol.
- Take healthy food, fruits, green vegetables and vitamin C & E and beta carotene.
- If you sense any problem in the eye must visit the eye specialist.
- To prevent smoke use eye glasses.