Low vision is a state that occurs normally at the age of 60 years. Sometimes it happens by any injuries and accidents. But nowadays it occurs in any stage of life so, if you have any problem with your eyes don’t ignore it and take an eye exam to make sure that your eyes are well or not.
Low vision is the biggest problem for every individual who is suffering from this disease because every work is done by the help of our eyes. Low vision is different from blindness, in low vision you have a little useful sight to recognize the things in blur form. But, if you don’t take care of your eyesight or ignore your low vision by taking it lightly, then you lose your eyesight. Low vision is generally divided into two groups:
- Partial low vision.
- Legally blind.
Symptoms of low vision:
- Blurred visions
- Reduce in color visions
- Night blindness
- Redness and pain in your eyes
Causes of low vision:
- Macular degeneration: It happens normally at the age of 60. Loss of central vision, don’t have the ability to focus on a single object for a long time.
- Diabetic retinopathy: diabetes leads bleeding into your retina.
- Birth problem: it can be genetic also. Any history of your family regarding blindness can be the cause of poor or low vision.
- Cataract: In this, mostly daytime vision is affected.
- Glaucoma: It is a major cause of low vision or blindness. It increases the pressure in your eyes and causes poor night vision or night blindness.
- Diabetes: A patient who has poor control over blood sugar may result in low or blurred vision.
- Excessive of Vitamin A
- Eye infection & Brain tumor
Treatment of Low vision:
Treatment of low vision is given by your doctor by checking the severity of your eye condition. If you are suffering from muscular degradation, glaucoma or partial low vision then you are suggested to wear spectacles, contact lenses, surgery and medicines to cure them. If the patient is not recovering by medicines or any surgery than doctors give them:
Low vision aids and devices: these help patients in their daily life. These devices and aids include a magnifier, magnifying spectacles, audio books and computers and large prints.
Vision rehabilitation: this technique is commonly used by doctors. In this, there are many treatments for the patient to choose from training sessions, therapies, and surgery. This helps them patient to recover and restore the eyesight naturally with no side effects.